Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week One: A Favorite Place

Coming up with an exact favorite place is proving to be a difficult task for me. There is beauty all around me, everywhere I look, and so I have come to the conclusion that for me, my favorite place is on my bike. I am an avid cyclist, spending upwards of 15-20 hours a week on my bike. Commuting is my daily activity to remain sane! This past summer I rode my bike over 2500 miles, including a bike tour from Haines to Skagway, AK. That ride took six days of averaging 62 miles a day. It was a stunning adventure, and reenforced how much I love to ride a bike. Living in Juneau is not very conducive to riding a bike every day, however, by continuing to ride to school, I am saving money on fuel, and burning off excess energy that is pent up throughout the day.

3 comments:

  1. Michael what fun it was reading about you although there was a strange sense of Deja vu. I grew up in Palatine, Illinois outside of Chicago until moving to Colorado for high school. I also came to Juneau as a biologist and worked for the Forestry Science Lab (FSL) although it was a few years earlier than you, and I too went on to pursue a career in education. Strange connection since this is a week of learning about connections. I look forward to hearing more about your thoughts throughout this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first Post.

    I'm looking for your Module II post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael...

    Please refer to the Blogger Introduction instructions from Module I.

    All post must be moderated by you. My comments and scores are NOT for public viewing.

    Thanks for your attention to this detail.

    cg

    ReplyDelete